Thursday 31 March 2011

Getting Out Of Your Comfort Zone

Sometimes taking action involves getting out of one's comfort zone in order to achieve goals that appear to be unattainable.

I think I sometimes just hide behind the fact that I'm an introvert. A simple thing like putting a gravatar on my facebook page took ages before I finally did it. Not a big deal to some, but trust me, it was to me!


I have decided to partake in the ultimateblogchallenge.com. This is another way of coming out of my comfort zone and doing something I may not necessarily be comfortable doing, but doing it anyway. This is a challenge spearheaded by two ladies who bear the same name but spelt differently. They are Michelle Shaeffer and Michele Scism.

Something I know I should do away with is perfectionism. I can't remember the number of times I've blamed "perfectionism" for not completing tasks and not achieving one goal or another. I intend to do away with it during the challenge and hopefully not think about it at all afterwards.

So what do I hope to take away from the challenge?

Discipline myself to blog consistently
Finding my blogging voice
Improve upon my writing skills
Gain online visibility
Pick up ghostwriting clients along the way

I think I've run out of excuses not to write now!

Interestingly enough, I read a blog post today called
Get-Out-Of-Your-Own-Way written by Lisbeth Tanz and it kind of summed up almost every conceivable excuse a person can give for not taking action when it comes to blogging. It makes a very interesting read and I would encourage anyone who needs motivation to check it out.

By the end of the next 30 days, I hope I would have improved significantly in my writing and that the difference will be noticed by others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment