Thursday 10 March 2011

Thou Shall Not Fear...

If you allow fear to grip you so much you won't be able to achieve anything.  Instead of letting it get in the way, why don't you just "go with the flow" and see what happens.  You may be pleasantly surprised about the outcome.

Here are some of the fears given by people as to why they can't move on with their lives:-

  • Fear of the unknown
  • Fear of failure
  • Fear of rejection
  • Fear of being laughed at
  • Not feeling adequate enough
  • A feeling of low esteem

The list is endless and it is so unfortunate that sometimes with the wrong direction and guidance, people continue to believe they cannot make it in life and give up.

I am an example.  I had been thinking about setting up this blog for a long time and kept on giving myself reasons (excuses) as to why I shouldn't have one.

A few days ago however, I got to speak to someone whose opinion I have a lot of respect for and they basically said that a lot of people face fear, but have learnt to overcome or manage it by addressing it and carrying on doing what they wanted to in spite of the fear.

How about you?  Have you been through a situation whereby you felt you couldn't achieve anything in life, but later on turned your situation around?

I would love to hear what you have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment